This blog is no longer being updated. Our adventures continue back in the US, here.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Our Very American Date

Note: the following activities are not recommended for tourists.

Hubs and I were missing home a bit last weekend so our Saturday was filled with some of the things we associate with our home country.

We decided to take a short train ride to the Dundrum Town Centre which boasts the only American-like mall that I know of in Ireland (aka: lots of stores, shops, a cinema and restaurants in one big building). We first walked around the mall dreaming about buying a TV and an i-pod docking station (neither of which we have - yes, we are living in the dark ages). After a couple hours of that we went to see the much anticipated BrĂ¼no.

The movie was exactly what we expected. Same format as his last movie, Borat, and even more lude, ridiculous and offensive! My jaw was pretty much on the floor throughout the whole movie - but I still thought it was hilarious. I just don't get how this wasn't an 18 and up film! There was a ton of full frontal and I sure as heck wouldn't want my 16 year old kid watching it! Yikes!

After the movie we got dinner at the famous TGI Friday's to round out our very American day. It wasn't very good though :-( I had a mushy veggie burger and Justin had a regular burger. He wasn't very impressed with his either.

At about 7 pm we walked home in the very Irish rain. All in all it was a great day with my hubby (who, by the way, I've been married to for 10 months today!) !

1 comment:

KD said...

I still want to see that!