This blog is no longer being updated. Our adventures continue back in the US, here.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Five Months!

Liam, 5 months!

Today my baby boy is 5 months old! The past month Liam’s personality has really started to emerge. I think he’s a lot like his mama in this department – very friendly and ready with a smile; but there is no denying that he looks just like his daddy! That nose! Those eyes! Not to mention the size of him; he is such a chunk and so tall! He is getting really heavy and I definitely can no longer cradle hold him with one arm. Teething is on in full force (still!) I can still see the little buggers under his gums – just bust through already, I say! Let’s get this show on the road!

Also this month Liam had his second travel adventure, this time to Paris to visit his daddy.  Though he was generally good on both flights, it was really exhausting for me! (See this post for more on our trip).
Here’s what the little lion is up to this month:
  • A week ago he weighed 16 lbs 12 oz., jumping into a new percentile curve – around the 70th. Not sure how tall/long he is.
  • Wearing mostly 6-9 month clothing now. A few 3-6 things still, but also a few 9-12.
  • Now rolling over from tummy to back with ease. Though he seems to be over rolling from tummy to back now!
  • Sleep is pretty unpredictable. Some nights he only wakes once, and others as many as 5 times! The good news is that on some occasions he can sooth himself back to sleep without me going in.
  • Still being breastfed, but have added rice cereal in the evening (right after he turned 4 months) and just recently pears in the morning. He LOVES food! He grabs the spoon to try to feed himself and is so smiley for the whole process. I think we might try apple next. (I puréed the pears myself and intend to make his other foods, too. It’s so easy!)
  • He’s been saying “mamamamama” for a couple of weeks now! If only he knew he was saying my name!! Regardless, I love it!  
  • Grabs for whatever I have: coffee cup, remote (his favourite! Typical man, right?), food, phone... etc.
Favorites from month 5!


Our little family in Paris


Liam loves jardin du Luxenbourg!


A coffee break at Starbucks for some mom lovin's


Good buddies with auntie Kara

No comments: