This blog is no longer being updated. Our adventures continue back in the US, here.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Meet Me Under the Eiffel Tower

We had a wonderful weekend with hubs/daddy last weekend, despite the challenges of traveling alone with an almost 17 lb baby. We soaked up our long weekend and also managed to take in some of Paris' great sights and attractions.

A few tidbits from our holiday...

  • Liam did great while we were in transit, but keeping him happy was challenging. Another set of hands would have been very helpful!
  • Seeing hubs at the arrivals gate made my heart skip a beat and a lump form in my throat. It was so good to be back in his arms. 
  • We were a bit too ambitious on Saturday, and paid for it with a fussy baby. Note to self and other sightseeing families with small ones: GO SLOW! It's way too frustrating trying to fit too much in a day. In the end, everyone is grumpy! 
  • We learned from our mistake on Saturday and had no agenda for Sunday, making for a happier time.
  • Hubs bought Liam a genuine French Sophie the Giraffe and she was totally a hit! Unfortunately she got dumped from the buggy to be lost forever. I think I was more sad about it than little L! 
  • Leaving hubs on Monday was hard, as it always is to say goodbye. We parted and I didn't look back. Later J asked me why, saying he was sad that I didn't. I told him I would have lost it if I did, and I couldn't bear it knowing that I still have a long day of travel ahead.
  • Wouldn't you know they picked me to get patted down at security... meanwhile L is screaming. I was livid! I couldn't keep the tears back at this point. I struggled with my things (no help from the security staff) and carried on to my gate, looking like a hot mess, I'm sure.
So that's it in a nutshell. The pictures do the trip more justice than my hodgepodge bullet points. See for yourself!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shot of Liam in front of Eiffel Tower! x

KD said...

Great shots, Meg! I love how honest you are about traveling with a baby. It is not easy, especially doing it solo. Security at CDG is notoriously annoying. Sorry you had to deal with that :) The end is in sight, my dear--you guys are nearly there!! xo