This blog is no longer being updated. Our adventures continue back in the US, here.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I've seen London I've seen France...

Hubs and I returned to Dublin from the big city across the Irish Sea Yesterday afternoon.  We saw most of what I wanted to see (Hubs has been already on several occasions).  Friday night we went to see Les Miserables at Queen's Theatre in London's West End, which was absolutely brilliant. The venue is quite intimate and the acoustics were fantastic! I've still got the music running through my head.   
On Saturday we woke up early to take advantage of all the daylight hours to see the city.  We started out the day by going to breakfast with the man Justin works for at Oxford. Please ask me about this encounter because it is too controversial to write on a public blog! We carried on after that and went to Trafalgar Square first which, as you can see was bustling with people!
The National Gallery is right there so we popped in there to see the art, which was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the Monet pieces they have.  We went on from there to see Big Ben and then Westminster Abby - which was by far my favorite part of the trip. We opted to do the audio tour, which goes into detail about all of the nooks and crannies. They do not allow you to take photos of the inside - but here's one of the outside:
I'm not going to drag you through the rest of our trip.  Just know that we had an amazing time and can't wait to go back! 

4 comments:

Aisling said...

I love your pictures and they make me wonder about a quick trip for us! You look gorgeous in the pic with your hair curly. Is it naturally so?

MTS said...

Thanks, Aisling :-) You should most definitely go! Yes, my hair is naturally curly - a blessing and a curse!

Anonymous said...

Ok, first of all I am LOVING this blog thingy you've got going on here! Secondly, I am INSANELY jealous of how much you are experiencing over there. Lastly...what happened during lunch?! I'm very interested:)

Anonymous said...

ok...that last comment was from me....I thought I'd be funny and use my old alias name we had in high school but I realized that you might have NO clue who that was! lol, goodness I am silly!