This blog is no longer being updated. Our adventures continue back in the US, here.

Friday, February 6, 2009

MIA

I know, I know. I've been missing in action for two months! This whole blogging thing is strange to me and I am finding it difficult to get used to.  I find it hard to believe that anyone would find my daily ramblings amusing or interesting! I guess I'm just self -consious about my writing. I'll try to get over that and start posting on a more regular basis.

Last weekend was one of the best I've had since moving to Dublin.  I finally branched out and made an effort to find friends.  I'd been lurking on a website called The Nest for a week or so, mostly on the "International Newlywed" board and finally came out and introduced myself and inquired if there were any other "Dublin Nesties" out there. Sure enough, there are about 5 of them! We made plans to meet up that weekend for a girlie movie and lunch.  Justin was afriad that it was a ploy for abduction by some 50 year old creeper, but I was felt like these girls could be trusted.  I was right - the girls are absoutely great. Funny, kind and welcoming. We saw Revolutionary Road, which was definitely a downer (and in my humble opinion, a bit over-rated), but no matter - I was with my new friends! We proceeded on to lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and enjoyed yummy food and margarits.  I think this outing will definitely become regular.

Justin leaves for London this weekend to do some research at the archives there. So I'll be on my own next week! Sunday I will finally be going to mass at the church I've been wanting to try, St. Mary's.  One of the nesties goes there so I'll be meeting her and another for the 9:30 service, and possibly an Irish fry afterward :-) I think it's a great time to start as we're coming into Lent soon... speaking of which... what should I give up this year? I was thinking maybe chocolate - because let's be honest - that would be the biggest sacrifice for me. It's one thing I consume on a daily basis that I don't need.  We'll see. 

The sun is finally shining in Dublin today. There is a light dusting of snow on the ground and the sidewalks are a bit icy in spots. I almost slipped coming down the stairs from my flat on my way in to work.  Thank God I didn't - what a way to start the day! 

4 comments:

Liz said...

See you on Sunday! :)

MTS said...

Yep :-) Looking forward to it.

Liz said...

Give up going to church! That's like wishing for more wishes if you had a genie.

Laura said...

OK I don't think God would ever want us to give up Chocolate... that's like giving up breathing. That just sounds dangerous,Megs, downright dangerous.