This blog is no longer being updated. Our adventures continue back in the US, here.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

A First

I was at Tesco last night at the busiest time (right after work) which I normally avoid at all costs; but be were out of food so it had to be done. So, I finish getting the goods and wait in the painfully long check out line. I say to the cashier "I have a bag at the bottom of my basket somewhere..." and proceed to dig it out. After I get it he says "I can do the bagging," at which point my mouth drops in shock. Number one - it's really busy in there so normally they just want as little contact with the customer as possible and number two - even if it's not busy, it's very unusual that they'll bag your items. So at first I declined and said "Oh no, that's okay, I can do it." and he persisted! So, long story short. The cashier bagged my stuff at Tesco yesterday. It was a good day. 

1 comment:

KD said...

I need to start using that Tesco!