This blog is no longer being updated. Our adventures continue back in the US, here.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Faith in Humanity [temporarily] Restored

Today I had an OB appointment. Up until I can no longer do so, I walk to the city center and then catch a bus from there to the office. So that's what I did today. The bus to The Coombe (that's the name of the hospital/private clinic - you can remember it because it rhymes with womb) was practically empty so I got a seat no problem. On the way home, however, the bus was packed. Standing room only. Right when I got on several people offered me their seat, and let me tell you, a tear came to my eye. It may sound like small potatoes, but it made my day that people were willing to give up their spot for a 7 month pregnant lady.

It also helps that the sun is shining today. It's a good day in Dublin!

No comments: