A few tidbits from our holiday...
- Liam did great while we were in transit, but keeping him happy was challenging. Another set of hands would have been very helpful!
- Seeing hubs at the arrivals gate made my heart skip a beat and a lump form in my throat. It was so good to be back in his arms.
- We were a bit too ambitious on Saturday, and paid for it with a fussy baby. Note to self and other sightseeing families with small ones: GO SLOW! It's way too frustrating trying to fit too much in a day. In the end, everyone is grumpy!
- We learned from our mistake on Saturday and had no agenda for Sunday, making for a happier time.
- Hubs bought Liam a genuine French Sophie the Giraffe and she was totally a hit! Unfortunately she got dumped from the buggy to be lost forever. I think I was more sad about it than little L!
- Leaving hubs on Monday was hard, as it always is to say goodbye. We parted and I didn't look back. Later J asked me why, saying he was sad that I didn't. I told him I would have lost it if I did, and I couldn't bear it knowing that I still have a long day of travel ahead.
- Wouldn't you know they picked me to get patted down at security... meanwhile L is screaming. I was livid! I couldn't keep the tears back at this point. I struggled with my things (no help from the security staff) and carried on to my gate, looking like a hot mess, I'm sure.
So that's it in a nutshell. The pictures do the trip more justice than my hodgepodge bullet points. See for yourself!