4 months old, August 23rd
Every time a month goes by I stare at my calendar in disbelief that so much time has passed. In all honesty, some days go by so slowly I feel like they will never end, and on the other hand, the rest go by so quickly I wonder what the heck I even did that day (it never seems like much!). Liam is adding new tricks to his repertoire every day and just like any other mother, I beam with pride at his tiny accomplishments.
We're managing alright without hubs/daddy but all of that is for another post. Here's what Liam has been up to in the past month...
- 5 days ago he weighed 15 lbs 6 oz and measured 26 inches long (tall?) The UK charts have him on the same curve he was on at birth - 51st for weight and 91st for height. I don't put a lot of stock in this but am happy he's been gaining and growing steadily.
- He's still being exclusively breastfed and will no longer take a bottle. Darn!
- That being said, we have started having him practice with the cup to avoid problems when I want to wean him.
- He's beginning to try to roll from back to tummy, but gets stuck on his side.
- Loves his refection, we call the baby in the mirror Mail. Haha.
- He loves other babies. Especially his good buddy Henry!
- Still teething, with nothing to show for it yet.
- Grabs for toys and objects and puts them directly into his mouth!
- Switched to the "big boy seat" in the buggy. He loves being able to see what's going on around him and this makes walks and outings much more enjoyable!
Favorite photos from month 4....
Steph and Liam watching Team Bearpark win their polo match!
"I love my new buggy seat!"
Hubs comes home to visit from ol' Paris... a lovely day on Dun Laoghaire Pier
"Don't drop me, dad!"